Living Faith Church’s ‘Faithful Friends’ ministry provides support, encouragement and friendship to elderly people in the community, care homes (residential and nursing) or those in hospital – spreading the love and message of Jesus Christ through regular visits by caring Christians.
- Visiting the housebound in their homes
- Praying with individuals in need
- Hospital visits for those in our care
- Visiting the elderly in care homes (residential and nursing)
- Providing worship services in care homes
- Organising craft activities for the elderly in care homes
Living Faith Church provides chaplaincy services to care homes (both residential and nursing) Our chaplains aim to bring friendship and comfort to the care home residents as well as sharing a vital faith in God through Jesus Christ. All of our chaplains are ordained in the Anglican tradition through All Nations Christian Church International.
The people we help may or may not have any religious beliefs. We visit all residents of care homes, regardless of church background.When asked to visit a care home, we work closely with the activity co-ordinator or director. The director suggests those residents who might benefit from a chaplains visit, informing the chaplain about changes, ie new residents, deaths, hospital visits required.
We can help the care home in many different ways and aim to organise a chaplaincy service tailored to suit their individual needs:
Some of the services we offer are:
- Leading worship services along side our ‘Faithful Friends’ visiting team
- Giving Communion to Born Again believers
- Bedside visitation to residents who cannot, or do not leave their rooms.
- Visitation to residents in communal areas
- Offering spiritual counselling to residents, their families and care home staff